Thermo Scientific RevertAid RT Kit is a complete system for efficient synthesis of first strand cDNA from mRNA or total RNA templates. The kit uses RevertAid Reverse Transcriptase (RT), which has lower RNase H activity compared to AMV reverse transcriptase. The enzyme maintains activity at 42-50°C and is suitable for synthesis of cDNA up to 13 kb. The recombinant Thermo Scientific RiboLock RNase Inhibitor, supplied with the kit, effectively protects RNA from degradation at temperatures up to 55°C. First strand cDNA synthesized with this system can be directly used as a template in PCR or real-time PCR. It is also ideal as a first step for second strand cDNA synthesis or linear RNA amplification. Radioactively and non-radioactively labeled nucleotides can be incorporated into first strand cDNA for use as a probe in hybridization experiments, including microarrays.
• Full-length first strand cDNA up to 13 kb
• Optimum reaction temperature 42°C
• Complete kit – all the components for the RT reaction are included
• First strand cDNA synthesis for RT-PCR and RT-qPCR
• Construction of full length cDNA libraries
• Antisense RNA synthesis